Allergists for Israel was founded in 1984 and the evolving
vision of our group is to:
- Develop camaraderie by the gathering (nationally and internationally) of Allergists/Immunologists and other supporters of allergy in Israel at national Academy and College allergy meetings.
- Provide financial support for Israeli allergy fellows for scholarly activities.
- Establish a network of North American and Israeli Allergists/Immunologists so that we can communicate internationally and meet in the United States and Israel every few years.
- Develop linkages between American and Israeli Allergists/Immunologists by sponsoring American allergists to visit and speak in Israel.
Our Future Objectives
- Increase membership worldwide.
- Increase corporate sponsorship.
- Increase clinical and basic research scholarship awards.
- Increase clinical, translational and basic research awards.
- Create a more functional network for those visiting Israel to connect with our Israeli
counterparts and visa versa.
- Increase attendance by AFI members to IAACI annual meetings.